- Published on
Sitefinity forms popup template
- Steve McNiven
Default MVC sitefinity forms template is missing a couple things
- FormViewModel does not expose the forms title
- Does not provide any way to specify a template… now it looks like you can set a custom form for a specific form based convention, but that would be annoying to keep re-implimenting. What we want here is the ability to have an SF form popup in a modal window.
- So based on #2 we’re also missing some meta fields to change the button text… so… yeah
ANYWAY on to the new template, for reference this is the existing template.
Usage to make a form popup with this template
- In the designer add a class name of “modal” or “popup”
- To change the button text add the class of “title-
”. Everything after the dash will be used in the title and *NOT* added to the class of the form.
- CssClass Examples:
popup title-This is my Button
modal title-Click Me
TLDR: Basically this just wraps the existing form code in a bootstrap modal window code and only renders it if it see’s “popup”, “modal”, or “model” in the CssClass field. It would be awesome (any telerik’r reading this if there was a template dropdown).