- Steve McNiven
The video on the Sitefinity dropbox integration has been published, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiDuwARU33o&feature=g-all-u
So the key thing you need to notice is the title…the word “Synchronization”.
What you expect to happen:
- Dropbox stores the images
- Sitefinity stores the meta data
- Embed link in sitefinity is right to the image over in the dropbox cdn
What actually happens:
- Anything you put into dropbox Sitefinity “consumes” and makes a copy of
- Likewise anything you upload into Sitefinity, dropbox gets a copy of
So really you end up with duplicate content. Stored in the DB\filesystem and your dropbox account at the same time. Only bonus I can see is that dropbox versions media so if you roll back in theory the sitefinity file would also rollback.
So knowing that (and I’m sure they do, probably just a limitation on the current implimentation)…lets enhance the system work towards “REAL” cdn\dropbox providers…the “Sync” is “neat”, but doesn’t solve the need.