- Steve McNiven
Sitefinity 12.2 is out today and touts big perf updates, so of course I had to upgrade and see if it was another like “saving 1 second” kind of performance tweak, or legit measurable.
…it was measurable
All tests in Release Mode, and I run everything through IIS with a local host file entry for the domain, and local cert.
- Cold (Not loaded into IIS): 57 seconds
- Warm (IIS process active), Fresh Build: 52 seconds
- Warm, Change MVC Template: 8 seconds
- Cold (Not loaded into IIS): 17 seconds
- Warm (IIS process active), Fresh Build: 35 seconds
- Warm, Change MVC Template: 6 seconds
It’ll be even faster on our beefy webserver, noice job team!