May 30, 2013
Check this out:
Keep in mind this assumes the control has been registered with an "sf prefix", either at the top of the page or in the webconfig.
What's it all aboutSo you get one simple to use control which will handle both scripts and styles. The bonus is that the scripts will automatically render at the bottom of the page, and styles will render in the header. However you can feed the control a property to change the position of the script.
- BeforeBodyEndTag (default)
- Inline code in the markup
- Duplicate script detection: Will only load scripts once. If you have 5 ScriptStyle widgets all loading the same script, it'll only appear on the page once. (Keeping in mind...it's not searching the page for what scripts are there, it's just checking other instances itself). So if you manually have a script linked on the masterpage, then you link it again in this widget...it'll appear twice.
- Visual Studio\Editors will syntax highlight the inline code
- Ability to render in multiple places on the page
- Automatic detection and wrapping of the <script and <style nodes
- You can set an alias that will render in design mode so you can denote what the code you've written will do. Currently NOTHING renders in the existing widgets so you have to keep opening them to figure out what they do.
- Define if you want the script to run in design mode or not
- You won't get caught hard-coding the domain prefix on your links...this is a bug in SF that nobody just ever seems to want to take the 30 seconds to fix.
- Doesn't render an empty <span>\<div> on your page where you dropped the widget
Design-TimeDrop it on a page
Give it a description, choose where to put things
...and\or write some css
Link in your external files in a nice kendoui powered MVVM UI
Because I'm always thinking of you...code snippit to use the widget inline in a template
...and when you save it, this is what you see....your custom description...not...nothing (font-awesome aware)
Breaking Changes(from 6.0.4200.0 to 6.0.4200.1)
Go download the latest version now