We're quite lucky that sitefinity uses plain Html (albeit a bit bloated thanks to the ID attributes). However what it means on a fundamental level is that they're easier to style and extend. If we had the RadControls being rendered out we'd have to have more complex designers, they'd be harder to style, yada yada. So this is good news!
So lets say for example you need the functionality to have a user select a date. Well you have two options. Option 1 is to create a new sitefinity forms control, register it, re-build your project. Option 2 is to run this $(".mydate input").kendoDatePicker();
- Put your form on the page
Things to Note:
- Since we're Kendo-izing objects manually we can leverage every configuration\method\event kendo has to extend your form...go...nuts :)
- Make sure to set CSS on your elements in order to specifically target the controls like I did with name and age. It puts the class on the outer wrapper of the control...see figure1
- USE FIREBUG! :) It'll help with script errors, or locating the elements you want to initialize.
- You will still probably need some CSS styles to fix some styling
- This is how I did my forms on this site